Dr Samuel Alves graduated from the Lisbon Faculty of Medicine in 2004.
Medical Officer of the Portuguese Armed Forces between 2007 and 2013.
Specialist in Ophthalmology since 2012.
- 2010 Glaucoma Training Course at the University Hospitals of Geneva and Montchoisi Clinic in Lausanne.
- 2010 Ophthalmologic Oncology Internship at the Lisbon IPO.
- 2011 Internship in Oncology and Ocular Inflammation at Coimbra University Hospitals.
- 2012 - 2016 Hospital Assistant at Beatriz Ângelo Hospital.
- 2014 Consultant in Oculoplastics, Orbit and Lacrimal Pathways at the Centro Hospitalar Lisboa Norte.
- 2016 Hospital Assistant at the Institute of Ophthalmology Dr. Gama Pinto (IOGP).
- 2017 Ophthalmology Interns Training Advisor at IOGP.
- 2018 Ophthalmic Oncology Internship at Jules Gonin University Hospital Lausanne - Switzerland.
- 2019 Ophthalmologist at CPO - Private Ophthalmology Clinic.
WORKS AND PUBLICATIONS BY DR. SAMUEL ALVES
- He has produced 40 works, 19 of which as lead author.
- He has published 4 papers, 2 of which were international.
- Published 2 chapters in 2 books.