Dr. António Melo did his Complementary Residency in Ophthalmology at the Lisbon Civil Hospitals, Hospital dos Capuchos, 1988/1992.
Assistant Degree in Ophthalmology from the Lisbon Civil Hospitals, 1992.
Specialist in Ophthalmology by the Portuguese Medical Association, 1992.
- Hospital Assistant in Ophthalmology at the Ophthalmology Department of the Castelo Branco Hospital, 1993.
- Graduate Assistant in Ophthalmology, 1999.
- Advisor to the Clinical Board of the Castelo Branco Hospital, 2002/2005.
- Director of the Ophthalmology Service of the Hospital Prof. Dr. Fernando Fonseca E.P.E., from 2008 to 2015.
- Head of the Ophthalmology Service of the Ophthalmology Department of the Hospital Prof. Dr. Fernando Fonseca, E.P.E., since 2010.
- Advisor of the Direction of the Medical Internship of the Hospital Prof. Dr. Fernando Fonseca E.P.E., since 2010.
- Director of the Medical Internship at Hospital Prof. Dr. Fernando Fonseca E.P.E., from 2012 to 2015.
- Coordinator of the Ophthalmology Service at the Hospital Cruz Vermelha, in Lisbon, since 1 April 2015.
- Médico Oftalmologista na CPO – Clínica Privada de Oftalmologia desde 2009.
- Diretor Clínico na CPO – Clínica Privada de Oftalmologia desde 2017 até Julho de 2023
- President of juries of final assessment exams of the complementary internship in ophthalmology, 2012/2013/2014/2015/2016/2018.
- President of the Jury of evaluation tests for graduate assistant in ophthalmology, 2010/2015.
- Member of the Board of the College of Ophthalmology of the Medical Association, since 2012, with the function of Coordinator of the Southern Regional Section of the Medical Association.
- Responsible for the team of ophthalmologists of the Hospital Prof. Dr. Fernando Fonseca E.P.E. that integrates the ophthalmology missions that travel to São Tomé and Príncipe organized by the Instituto Marquês de Valle Flor (2011-2015).
- Reviewer for the British Medical Journal, Case Reports, since 2012.
- Reviewer of the Journal of Refractive Surgery, of the International Society of Refractive Surgery since 2013.
- Member of the central committee of the Portuguese Society of Ophthalmology for the biennium 2015-2017.
- Author or co-author of 17 oral communications/posters and 8 articles.